Why blueberry is good for eyes?
Brief Introduction of Blueberry:
Blueberry belongs to Ericaceae family under the Vaccinium genus. It is a perennial shrub with small berry fruit and originated in North America. It is mainly grown in the United States, it is also known as the American blueberry. Blueberries are nutritious, rich in not only conventional nutrients, but also contains extremely rich in flavonoids and polysaccharide compounds, it is also known as the "Queen of Fruits" and "King of Berries."
The Shape of Blueberry：
Blueberry is a small berry fruit in blue, the outer skin covered with a layer of white powder, delicate flesh with tiny seeds. Blueberry weighs in average of 0.5 to 2.5g, and can reach maximum weight of 5g. The whole fruit is edible, with a mix of sweet and sour taste, and has a fragrant aroma and delicious for eating in fresh.
The Difference between wild blueberry and cultivated blueberry:
- The wild berry is a low, dwarf shrub with small fruits, rich in anthocyanin;
- The cultivation of blueberries can grow up to 2.4 meters high, larger fruit, plump flesh. It tastes much better than wild blueberry and enhance the body's absorption of anthocyanins.
The Nutritional Value of Blueberry:
- Blueberries contain anthocyanins, which can activate the retinal function, and strengthen the eyesight, prevent eye fatigue. It is recommended by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations as one of the five healthy fruits in the world.。
- The strong antioxidant capacity of blueberries can prevent free radical damaging the collagen, thereby protecting the integrity of the skin, joints and vascular system. Blueberries have the function of anti-cancer, anti-aging, enhancing immunity, lowering blood pressure and blood lipids, protecting eyesight and the cardiovascular function.
- Blueberries can defer memory loss and prevent heart diseases, so it is treated as a super fruit. US health news reports that recent research has increased the reputation of the super fruit, blueberry, eating blueberries or drinking blueberry juice can help prevent colon cancer as well as other cancers.
Precaution for the consumption of blueberry:
- Fresh blueberries have a laxative effect, please do not eat while diarrhea.